GEODIS is one of the world's largest leading Supply Chain Operators! At GEODIS, we create with you an infinite amount of career opportunities. As a GEODIAN, you will work hands on with products from hundreds of customers in different industries - retail, healthcare, technology, and more - all within our warehouse distribution centers located globally.
No matter what position you're in - you will find yourself contributing to the development and success of your career and our customers.
- Loads and unloads product to and from delivery vehicles and designated storage areas within the warehouse
- Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed within the warehouse or distribution center
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence, such as: size, type, style, color, or product code
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas in the warehouse
- Uses equipment such as an RF Gun to find and pick products for order
- Utilize warehouse management systems (WMS) to process orders (outbound/inbound), restock facility, follow inventory guidelines, and other tasks as necessary to the successful operation of the distribution center
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items accurately and timely
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department
- Marks materials with identifying information
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Weighs or counts items for distribution to ensure conformance to company standards
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers
- Inspects products for defects prior to packing for shipping
- Unloads trucks and places materials in proper location in the warehouse
- Enters and maintains inventory records in the computer
- Prepares parcels for mailing
- Cleans warehouse area and performs routine housekeeping
- Other duties as required and assigned
- For food accounts, the incumbent is responsible to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 1 to 3 months of related experience
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
- Ability to complete duties with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Ability to multi-task
- General computer knowledge
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
What will set you apart as a GEODIAN?
* Incredible work ethic
* Embrace the GEODIS culture
What will make you successful in this role?
* Positive Attitude, Initiative, and Punctuality
Join us as we logistic your CAREER growth!
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".