Responsible for many different aspects of company's infrastructure, system designs, troubleshooting, and implementing best practices. Coordinates with manager all tasks at hand, giving recommendations on how to solve complex problems as well as implementing new solutions. Works closely with other associates within the department to complete prioritized assigned tasks in a manner consistent with the company's Mission Statement, Values, and 10 Rules.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Staff member works independently to complete the prioritized assigned tasks. Assignments are checked at least once a week to verify progress, through a reporting mechanism, by the supervisor. Keeps manager informed on any issues or project updates throughout each week. Be willing to have a company issued phone with you at all times, 365 days a year, and accessible in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND TASKS, including but not limited to the following.
Seeks minimum guidance to accomplish the following tasks:
Active Directory/Office 365 Administration/Windows Server Administration
- Maintain users/groups in AD/O365.
- Troubleshoot email mechanisms, Proof-point experience a plus.
- Manage Active Directory servers and ensure they are in optimal health between sites.
- Knowledge of Azure AD/MFA/SSO/Intune.
- Windows server administration, installing/troubleshooting various applications.
- Install/Configure Red Hat/Centos linux servers.
- Install/Upgrade/Troubleshoot applications.
- Work closely with admins/developers coordinating tasks.
- Meets with users to gather and develop project requirements on simple to moderately complex projects.
- Documents all project requirements.
- If applicable, communicates questions and concerns to manager throughout project.
- Follow up and support after project implementation to ensure issue resolution is timely. Document all postproduction issues to enhance quality of future releases.
- Ensure VMware environment is running in an optimal manner.
- Ability to apply fix packs to Esxi and troubleshoot any issues that may occur.
- Works with I.S. team and users to resolve any issues after implementation/maintenance activities.
Responsible for remote disk storage management. Monitoring network switches and packets. May assist in development of change control processes, help ensure audit requirements are being met. Assist in developing and testing a documented disaster recovery program. Identifies opportunities to apply advances in technology to network(s), infrastructure, and/or application to enhance operations and meet business requirements. Perform problem isolation and resolution of network problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions. Proactive in identifying and preventing potential problems. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or IT related area, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Infrastructure experience on major projects, analyzing, designing systems and best practices.
- Working knowledge of MYSQL and SQL databases.
- Ability with work with end users and fix minor technical desktop issues.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technically, both written and verbal.
Anderson Merchandisers LLCInformation Systems
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare, Windows/Linux server administration.
- Working knowledge of networks, security, firewalls.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal assistance.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often-changing, and sometime ambiguous environment
- Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm at our Plano office but after-hour and weekend work is required for system maintenance/application rollouts and disaster recovery.
- Power Shell, Mac knowledge, IBM Cloud and Firewall administration are all a plus.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.