- Ecolab's Pest Elimination Division protects the health and safety of our customers, and our customers' customers, with industry leading science-based pest prevention solutions. Focused exclusively on commercial pest elimination, we bring cutting-edge innovation to diverse markets, sharing our expertise to help companies strengthen and protect their brand, enhance customer satisfaction, increase efficiency and implement more environmentally sustainable practices.
The Vice President, Marketing - Global Pest Elimination is responsible for leading the integrated marketing efforts of the division across the 34 countries in which we operate. This executive will significantly contribute to the development and execution of business strategies in close collaboration with internal partners including RD&E, Sales, Operations and Commercial Solutions. The VP Marketing is responsible for building our brand, managing the service program portfolio and platforms, leading the customer service experience journey, and the global strategy to deliver exceptional business momentum and results. This role will oversee a high performing marketing team of over 30 Marketing and Marketing Communications associates globally. Additionally, the VP Marketing will lead divisional long term strategic planning processes and initiatives.
- Develop and drive the annual and five-year strategic plan for the division and its various segments, and partner with the regional leaders to drive specific regional plans.
- Deliver growth and profit objectives by developing overall marketing plans and programs that support divisional objectives
- Build excellence across the Marketing organization and develop the Functional Marketing Strategic Plan in conjunction with the supported business and enterprise goals in mind.
- Build and develop a productive, high-impact marketing and marketing communications team.
- Develop Global Segment and Platform Strategies and regional activation plans including strategy and positioning roll out, market research, product performance specifications, pricing analysis, sales forecasting, market share analysis, and budgets across multiple markets.
- Build long-term innovation plans by collaborating with RD&E and Commercial Solutions to develop and drive innovative new programs. This will involve leveraging existing and new anchor technologies to produce superior programs for both existing and developing customer bases.
- As part of the senior management team for the division, help prioritize and execute on broader divisional investments and goals.
- Direct the development and implementation of sales activation strategies, plans, and programs necessary to meet and support the business plan.
- Ensure commercialization success of new programs and innovations
- Foster divisional culture by creating and executing effective and innovative internal communications plans - including annual meetings
- Provide the sales force with effective marketing support, including sales tools, training, and problem-solving support as well as marketing communications to support sales growth and drive consistent sales and service execution.
- Review and present competitive analyses, quantitative, and qualitative data and develop plans to counter competing programs.
- Partner across enterprise to develop cross-divisional programs, strategies, and opportunities.
Dimensions Size of Business / Scope
- This position is accountable for direct management of 5 associates
- This position will also be accountable for indirect management of 25 associates
- $850M Global Pest Elimination division sales
- Reports to the Global Pest Elimination SVP and General Manager
- MBA or related graduate level degree
- Minimum of 10 years marketing or related experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Drive for Results
- Sets compelling goals and delivers against those through strong leadership and direction
- Translates the vision/mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- An inspirational and confident marketing leader with the passion to generate excitement
- Strategic Thinking
- Well-developed financial management skills
- Analytical skills, logical, decisive, and comfortable with financial and quantitative data.
- Good strategic thinker with sound professional marketing and results orientation
- Successful strategic planning experience for a significant business unit
- Building Relationships/Influence
- Ability to persuade with strong conviction
- Straightforward, articulate, tactful, and open in communicating (both verbally and written) with others.
- Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace
- A mature, personable individual who is able to deal effectively with a strong sales operating culture
- History of developing effective working relationships with sales, senior management, R&D, finance, regional leaders, and others in cross-functional environment
- A record of strong working relationships with sales and key customers
- Leadership and People Development
- Strong interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Ability to take strong leadership role within the business
- Strong people management/development skills
- Dynamic, incisive and aggressive Marketing Leader
- Foundation in classical marketing management
- Experience and a strong track record of developing superior quality new programs
- Know-how in developing pricing strategies
- Experience in routinely tracking activities of competitors and the instinct to develop and implement innovative new programs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.