Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Intrado, formerly West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Our Global Technology Services department is currently seeking to add a Network Operations Technician to our Longmont, CO location.
The core focus of this position will be providing surveillance and triage of voice applications and technical support for a variety of company products and services (e.g., voice platforms, basic hardware, software, network, connectivity, peripheral, etc.). You will provide monitoring, tiered support, trouble isolation, including corrective action for network problems for all voice customer facing production systems in a 24-hour/7-day-per-week Network Operations Center (NOC).
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring overall health of the network
- Break/fix problem resolution
- Responding to network alarms
- Inbound/outbound calls
- Partnering with both internal and external parties to resolve ticket issues
- Willingness to work a shift of 10:00 PM to 6:30 AM MST shift (Wednesday through Saturday).
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required, however an Associate's Degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, MIS, Telecommunications, Networking, or a related field preferred
Experience and Technical Skills
- 2 years of experience in technical support, telephony, Network Operations Center or a similar work environment required
- Solid understanding of IP Networks, Call Routing, VoIP and IP based networks in a WAN/LAN environment required
- SONUS troubleshooting experience highly preferred
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories.
This position will be posted for 7 days or until the position is filled.