- 1814 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us - and will continue to allow us - to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a Landscape Designer / Architect with Ochsner Hare & Hare, the Olsson studio, you will collaborate with team members to guide projects from the initial vision to implementation. You will design, provide CAD details, and help in preparation with construction documents and design development. You will also take part in the visualization, imaging, and sketching process. Travel may be necessary for site visits and analysis work.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- B.L.A. or M.L.A. in landscape architecture
- 0-1 year of experience
- Excellent design skills
- Strong skills in CAD, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, Rendering, and Sketching
- Prior construction documentation experience
Ochsner Hare & Hare is an established industry leader, continuing to display expertise in urban and regional planning and design, land planning, community and neighborhood redevelopment, parks and recreation planning and design, commercial and retail design, residential community design and a full range of real estate development planning services, including market assessment and financial feasibility assessment.
Hare & Hare, founded in 1910, built a national practice and played a significant role in the development of Kansas City, Missouri. The Hare's collaboration with George Kessler on Kansas City's Parks and Boulevards system, the original Country Club Plaza, and residential communities within J.C. Nichols' Country Club District marked the firm as one of the most prestigious of the region. In 1979 Ochsner & Associates, led by Ralph Ochsner, acquired Hare & Hare and added experience in public policy planning and created Ochsner Hare & Hare (OHH).
In 2014 Ochsner Hare & Hare merged with Olsson,a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we're here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson Studio employee, you'll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you'll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements